On Friday 19 June 2020, the State Government amended its Emergency Management (Residential Aged Care Facilities No 6) (COVID 19) Direction. This has allowed for COVID-19 restrictions easing at care homes.
From Monday 22 June 2020, the following applies:
- Residents can leave the home and return for any reason. On their return, temperature testing and screening processes will remain in place.
- Children under the age of 16 years are now able to visit, provided they have had their 2020 influenza vaccination. Babies under six months old are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
- Weekend visiting hours are extended from 9:00am to 5:00pm. To manage the number of people in our homes at one time, bookings will still be required.
- Care and support visits are generally limited to one visit per day and for up to two people per visit.
- Visitors can also use the cafés to catch up with family and friends. However, to maintain social distancing requirements, please remember to reserve a table when you are booking your visit.
- Visitors coming from the Northern Territory, Queensland, Western Australia or Tasmania are now permitted to visit our homes within 14 days of entering South Australia. Visitors coming from other States are only permitted to visit within 14 days if they are providing end of life support (and they will be required to self-quarantine at all other times).
- Bookings will still be required for visits and social distancing, temperature testing, seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and hand hygiene practices, remain in place.
Please call the home directly to book your next visit.
Return to News