Therapy Assistants support our multi-disciplinary team of Allied Health professionals to deliver personalised care to older people.
Working as a Therapy Assistant for Helping Hand means joining a diverse and inclusive team of Allied Health professionals. We are looking for Therapy Assistants who are qualified, as well as passionate, about making a difference to the health and wellbeing of older people.
Our Allied Health services include Exercise Physiology, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Dietetics, Speech Pathology, and Social Work. The role involves working one on one with clients and residents as well in a group setting. Therapy Assistants work under the direction and supervision of an Allied Health Professional.
This is an opportunity to focus on your professional development; foster meaningful relationships with clients, residents and families and be part of a workplace culture based on the values of excellence, respect, compassion, and community.
Where you will work
Helping Hand offers employment opportunities for Therapy Assistants to work at our residential care homes and with clients living in their own homes in the local community.
- Completion of Allied Health Certificate III or be studying towards it.
- Certificate III in Aged Care.
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR Certificate.
- Increase your take home pay by salary packaging a maximum of $15,899 tax free each year.
- Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation Card provides you with an additional $2,650 tax free per year.
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Discounted Private Health insurance.
- Access to ongoing training and development opportunities, including the Helping Hand Dementia Scholarship.
- Supportive and friendly working environment.
- Access to an employee assistance program.