There are three different unit types.
1. Resident Funded Units (RFU)
Resident funded units are available at market value. You enter an agreement that allows you to live in the unit. When you leave your unit, you are repaid within 30 days. The repayment is the amount set by a licensed valuer, less the amount kept by Helping Hand as in the lease agreement.
2. Entry Contribution Units (ECU)
This means you simply pay a one-off fee. You have the right to live in the unit until you choose to leave. A refundable amount is repaid within the first four years.
3. Rental Units (RU) (Affordable Housing)
Rental units are for those most in need. Residents pay rent which covers services offered by the village.
We take care of the maintenance for you! Residents pay a maintenance fee which covers:
- Repairs and upkeep of the unit
- Gardening in common areas
- Cleaning of common areas
- Communal electricity and gas
- Access to 24/7 emergency maintenance
- SA Water charges
- Council rates
- Emergency Services Levy
- Helping Hand staff and administration costs
Residents are cover the costs of expenses in their home which may include phone, internet, contents insurance, electricity and/or gas.
To find out more, call our friendly staff on 1300 653 600.