We could not do the work we do without our volunteers
Volunteers play a pivotal role in supporting and enriching the lives of older people.
Volunteering at Helping Hand allows you to make new friends, feel valued, learn new skills and to brighten someone’s day.
How can I help?
There are many volunteering opportunities available within our care homes and in our home and community programs. Options include:
- Social support – come and chat to our residents
- Assist with craft and lifestyle activities
- Serve fresh food and coffee in the café
- Assist in the men’s shed
- Go for a walk with the residents
- Visit residents on the weekend
- Put on a music performance
- Pastoral care
What is available?
Visit Seek Volunteering for specific roles we currently have available.
For other opportunities not currently advertised, call us on 1300 653 600 or complete an online application form.
Helping Hand Stories
"When starting out at Helping Hand I didn’t know the impact it would have on me. This is the best work and thing I have ever done."Read more