Established in 1953, Helping Hand has a proud history of offering help and support to older South Australians for over 65 years.
We value independence, choice, freedom and quality of care. We enable our clients, carers and their families to live their lives to the full. We make people feel at home; in our residential homes, in their own home and in their workplace.
We create communities and experiences to enable older people to live their best lives.
To be the most trusted and exceptional partner in aged care and wellbeing services.
Our clients’ wellbeing is central to everything we do. We help older people to achieve:
- Independence and wellbeing – we believe that wellness is a right and is different for each person
- Dignity of living – we believe everyone deserves exceptional care and attention
- Quality of life – we believe in maintaining quality of life and sense of purpose
- Choice – we believe in clients having control over their preferences and decisions
Our core values show in everything we do; in our work, interactions, decisions and strategies.
- Compassion – we believe in demonstrating our concern for others and doing everything we can to help
- Respect – we believe that everyone has the right to have their feelings, wishes and rights recognised and honoured
- Excellence – we believe in providing the highest standard that goes above and beyond everything we do
- Community – we believe in creating relationships that foster a better connection with our clients, our teams, each other and our community
Our staff are:
- Engaged – our staff listen, are attentive and are interested in understanding clients’ needs
- Dedicated – our staff are committed to making a difference and bring their absolute best every day
- Professional – our staff are skilled, knowledgeable, respectful and courteous
- Genuine – our staff are real and reliable
We put our client’s choices first by being:
- Connected – we believe in an active, engaged and welcoming community of clients, staff and volunteers
- Personalised – we believe in delivering care to suit the needs of each person
- Considerate – we believe in listening to and learning about each client to provide better services
- Caring – we believe in providing clients with care, compassion and respect