Maintenance Officers provide ongoing maintenance work and regulatory checks to ensure high standards of safety, compliance and comfort in our care homes.
Working as a Maintenance Officer for Helping Hand means joining a diverse and inclusive Hotel Services Team in residential care. We are looking for people who are passionate about supporting the health and wellbeing of older people living in residential care. Communicating with people from all walks of life and delivering a personalised and professional service is essential to the role. The role includes undertaking scheduled maintenance, overseeing contractors, scheduled maintenance of minor plant equipment (under supervision), maintenance of external areas and more.
This is an opportunity to work independently; develop meaningful relationships with residents and their families and be part of a working culture of based on the values of excellence, respect, compassion and community.
Where you will work
Maintenance Officers work in residential care homes across metropolitan and regional South Australia.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in a building maintenance role or with fixed plant and equipment within buildings and the ability to service wheel equipment
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite; and with building technologies such as electronic lighting schedules, mechanical services software, etc.
- Increase your take home pay by salary packaging a maximum of $15,899 tax free each year.
- Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation Card provides you with an additional $2,650 tax free per year.
- Flexible rostering to work when it suits you.
- 5% annual leave loading.
- Discounted Private Health insurance.
- Access to ongoing training and development opportunities, including the Helping Hand Dementia Scholarship.
- Supportive and friendly working environment.
- Access to an employee assistance program.
Related roles that you may also be interested in