Since joining Helping Hand in 2011, Nic, our Property Services Manager, has been involved in some memorable and rewarding projects. ‘A highlight was the development of Golden Grove Residential Care […]
Learn more about COVID-19
our response, and important information for our communityLearn More
Explore the story of a family making a series of decisions about aged careLearn More
Ways we can help you
I want to move into a smaller home and enjoy more free time to do the things I love.
My family and I have started talking about moving into residential care. What do I need to know?
Helping Hand Aged Care
At Helping Hand we welcome and celebrate all people, and deliver personalised and professional services to meet the needs of older people from all backgrounds. Our core values of compassion, respect, excellence and community show in everything we do.
Map is currently not available, apologies for the inconvenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions about aged care with Helping Hand.
It is normal to be unsure when thinking about arranging support at home – it is a big step. Additionally, people may be worried that an assessment means a fast-track to a nursing home. The reality is that having an assessment to arrange home care services can help you to remain independent at home for longer, and can even improve your quality of life. You can get started by calling My Aged Care on 1800 100 422.
Helping Hand also offers an alternative – Elevate by Helping Hand – which doesn’t require any assessment. All home care services we offer can be provided through Elevate, through a pay-per-service hourly fee arrangement.
All residents at our residential aged care homes have access to the following services and assistance:
- Staff onsite at all times to assist where needed, including in emergencies
- Assistance with daily living activities including, showering, dressing and help to move about
- Assistance with medications
- Meals and refreshments, including catering for special dietary needs
- Laundry and housekeeping services
- Building and grounds upkeep and maintenance
- Social and lifestyle activities program
- Basic furnishings including curtains, chairs, beds, bed linen, bath towels, soap and toilet paper are also included, and residents are encouraged to bring items of furniture or personal possessions with them to personalise their home.
There are many allied health professions, including physiotherapy, podiatry, speech pathology, exercise physiology, occupational therapy and dietetics. Allied health professionals are university qualified practitioners, who have specialised expertise in preventing, diagnosing and treating a range of conditions and illnesses. Our allied health practitioners work within a multidisciplinary health team to provide specialised support for different client needs.