How do I move in to a Helping Hand residential aged care home?

How Do I Move In?

The aged care system is confusing, so we’ve simplified the process for you.

To move into a residential care home, you will need to have an assessment with My Aged Care’s Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). My Aged Care is the Australian Government’s starting point for all aged care services.


How do I move in - step 1Step 1 – Contact My Aged Care

Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit their website and ask for an Aged Care Assessment. You will need your Medicare number and concession card.


How do I move in - step 2Step 2 – Contact Us

After the assessment, My Aged Care will let you know if you have been approved for residential care and will give you a referral code.

Check what vacancies we currently have, then call our Admissions Team on 1300 653 600 to talk about available vacancies. You can take a tour of the homes you’re interested in by calling 1300 653 600.


How do I move in - step 3Step 3 – Documentation

We will send you an application pack to complete including an Application Form, Medical Form, Privacy Consent Form and Financial Assessment Letter (from Centrelink). When you have been accepted for a room, our staff will meet with yourself or a representative to go through and sign the Residential Agreement.


How do I move in - step 4Step 4 – Move into your new home

It’s time to move into your new home! Helping Hand staff will make the move as smooth as possible. We encourage you to bring your personal belongings that will help you feel at home.