Gardeners support older South Australians to live independently in their own home by keeping their gardens and outdoor spaces, tidy and safe.
Working as a Gardener for Helping Hand means joining a diverse and inclusive team of Home Care professionals. We are looking for people who are passionate about supporting the health and wellbeing of older people living independently in their own home.
Home Care Gardeners are part of a team that supports the independence, dignity and safety of older people living at home. Communicating with people from all walks of life and delivering a personalised and professional service is essential to the role. This is an opportunity to work independently, develop meaningful relationships with clients and be part of a working culture of based on the values of excellence, respect, compassion and community.
Where you will work
A Gardener supports Home Care clients who live across metropolitan Adelaide and regional South Australia.
- Certificate III in Horticulture
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current South Australian driver’s licence and a roadworthy and appropriate vehicle
- Ability to maintain own vehicle and equipment for gardening tasks.
- Increase your take home pay by salary packaging a maximum of $15,899 tax free each year.
- Meal Entertainment and Holiday Accommodation Card provides you with an additional $2,650 tax free per year.
- 17.5% annual leave loading.
- Discounted Private Health insurance.
- Access to ongoing training and development opportunities, including the Helping Hand Dementia Scholarship.
- Supportive and friendly working environment.
- Access to an employee assistance program.
Related roles that you may also be interested in
Have a look at our current vacancies and explore the options available to you right now.See job vacancies